Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Saturday 13 November 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge 55 and Simon Says


I don't often combine challenges but this time it was just perfect for 2. Firstly the Play Date Cafe Challenge 55 where we were to use 2 blues, 2 reds and a pink. The colour image is at the end of this post. The background is made up of 2 shades of blue, the edges have been distressed with rusty hinge and barn door with a subtle hint of Cracked Sapphire right on the edges. It has been layered onto a pinky red patterned paper which I have used my most favourite paper punch on. Loops, Martha Stewart punch. Then this has been placed onto a rich red backing paper.

I have also entered this image into Simon Says challenge where we were to use our favourite Tim Holtz stamp. I just love this Umbrella Man. I love the way he is not quite solid but made up of lots of numbers, and the quote is one of my favourites too. The blue paper really minded me of rainy day colours.

Now for that challenge image for PDDC55

9 comments:

Artyjen said...

Mmmmm! Delish :)
xoxo Sioux

scrapperjulia said...

I love this stamp too! Perfect card!

Lynne Forsythe said...

hmmmm....lovin' your "Man" card!!! it is just FAB!!

thanks for playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge and the Design Teamies!

flutterbycrafter said...

One of my fav stamps too, love what you've done with it.

Netty said...

Terrific card. Annette x

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesome card! Love that wonderful sentiment and you've done an awesome job with our colors! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful vintage card! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Sarah Anderson said...

I love this image too, and it works great with the play date colours. Thanks for playing with us in the Play Date Cafe :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

ME TOO--love this image! Love that border punch too! Great card--Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...