Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Faux Water Colour with Gingersnaps


At Gingers this week the challenge is to use a faux technique. I decided to use a faux water colour technique. I have found a wonderful very smooth water colour paper which is ideal for stamping on.
First I wetted the paper. The paper needs to be damp but not too wet. The first image I stamped was too wet and gave a very runny blurred image. I rather liked it but thought for the challenge should try a slightly clearer image. So paper damp but not too wet. I then coloured the stamp with water soluble pens, huffed on them and then stamped. I did the same for the border, which is one stamp repeated around the image. Added some more colour with water soluble crayons to give a bit more colour.


The stamps used are Carnival dreams by Rogue Redhead Designs
Lots of lovely stamps for just $6

4 comments:

Netty said...

Loving the soft colours Laura and its a great design, x

trisha too said...

Fun card, Laura--neat technique!

:)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic card, love the coloring.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! I love the softness of the colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...