Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Saturday 2 January 2010

Play Date Cafe 10: See if I care!


Play Date Cafe, what a wonderful name. Yes that is exactly what I have been doing. A cup of tea and a play. With the new term about to begin I hope this isn't experienced or heard too much in the playground next week. I had great fun working with these colours. The ink used is a Dark brown which doesn't show too much as brown in the photo. I put the turquoise border at the top to both balance the piece but also it reminded me how children often draw a blue stripe at the top of the page to represent sky. I can see the logic in this as although air/sky is all around us it doesn't appear blue when we look around us only when we peer upwards to the sky. I hope you enjoy my jolly picture although the subject is not so.



11 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, love your take on this, these are some of my favourite stamps.

Lesley Edmonds said...

I love this Laura it's so whimsical and colourful.
Lesley x

Hearts Turned said...

How fun! I love what you did, here! Great representation of the sky--I remember doing that as a young girl--my kids, too! So glad you could play along with us at The Play Date Cafe' this week! Happy New Year!

*Alison* said...

everyone knows I am a huge bird freak.. so of course this card ROCKS!! thanks for playing with us at the Cafe..

~visit my blog for the new Freebie Digital Stamp Wed

Hels Sheridan said...

Love this card..tis fun :O) Congrats hun, you have won the Sunday Stamper blog Candy....please email me with your addy etc and I will pop it in the post for you x

Anonymous said...

Fab use of the colours! I love those birds!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

great colours:) love your piece
Happy New Year!
xx

Sandi said...

those birds are fabulous and really like the background, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

Hanne said...

This is colorful and great!
Hanne

Helen said...

Wow! I love this, the birds are lovely.

Julie Ranae said...

This is so cute...reminds me of what our Sarah would do with those birds! Love what you have done!

If you haven't already, make sure you stop by Julie's Open Window for a great giveaway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...