Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Embossing with Gingersnaps

Second comer, waiting

I seem to have quite a deer thing going on at the moment. This was not conscious until just now I became aware that my last posting contained a deer. This is one of the Serendipity stamps and I just fell in love with it when I saw it. The connection with time is waiting. Time is the ongoing theme at Gingersnaps this month. As I said before these stamps are very deeply etched and just stamp beautifully. I have embossed the image with Tim Holtz distress embossing powders and have used 5 colours spooning them on very carefully to depict light and shade. I tried to show the very low sun during the winter and have the light source shining from lower left travelling slightly upwards.
I identify with the image those special times when one is honoured by wildlife allowing you to share a glimpse of their lives with you. I always treasure these happenings and feel I have be treated to one of the "Lords of life". The words are in fact from a D H Lawrence poem called Snake. Although this poem is obviously about a meeting with a snake it encapsulates my sentiment above.

4 comments:

Lesley Edmonds said...

Blimey you were up early posting this one Laura!! Thanks for you comments on my new blog. I just love this image of the deer and may have to invest myself! I also agree with your sentiments.
Lesley x

Artyjen said...

Love the sentiment....fabulicious embossing...feeling a bit under the weather (no pun intended!) at the minute but I'll try to join in!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wowzers! Completely gorgeous!!

Ali Manning said...

This is such a fantastic card, Laura! I love how you used the different colored embossing powders - cool idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...