Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Saturday 16 January 2010

The Cool Blue Eekie Beekie Bird: PDCC 12


Cool Blue Eekie Beekie Bird.

The Cool Blue Eekie Beekie Bird
Is devoid of feather
yet loves cold weather
Has lost the ability to build a nest
A wicker cart on which to rest
With blue jewels for a bed
Wears lurex bloomers on its head
Thats the Cool Blue Eekie Beekie Bird

Now I am certain. I have completely lost the plot, lost my marbles (no pun intended) And I must apologize for my meagre attempts of a rhyme. Making them up was never my strong point. Some people just have it. I don't.
Well this creation came about initially by looking at Sarah Anderson's crocheted owl over on Play Date Cafe which sparked a connection with Julie Arkell's mad and fab creations. If you haven't seem them, google her. Sarah has been the inspiration behind both of my past 2 creations for Play Date Cafe. I don't know whether to thank her or has she eventually toppled me over the edge? What do you think?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo! This is soooo cool! I love this little bird! You are so talented!

Sandi said...

Laura, that bird is fantastic, talk about the bluebird of Happiness, just perfect, thanks so much for challenging with us this week at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

Kirsti said...

Oh he is very very cute and your rhyme is great...x.

Julie Ranae said...

Miss Sarah inspires us all!

This is absolutely marvelous and I think all of your marbles have been well-placed!

Beautiful entry for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

sam21ski said...

WOW he's fab Laura xxxx

Hearts Turned said...

Love this bird, Laura! You're on a great track here...love these creations your coming up with! So glad you play along with us at The Cafe'--you always add so much!

Artyjen said...

Fantabulous! You come up with such edgey ;) pieces.
xoxo

Jean Franks Beck said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. Could this possibly be any cuter??? I think not!! LOVE your creation, and the poem that goes with it. If you've lost the plot, I'm certainly not the one to ask it's whereabouts :) I think it's fab!

Gez Butterworth said...

awe, He is FABULOUS. :-D Love him to bits. He would look lovely sat on my shelf. :-D Great creation Laura. You should be very proud of your birdie & your rhyme.xx

PetraB said...

This is soooo cute and adorable. I love it. Petra.

Lesley Edmonds said...

Oh my word this is so adorable! He's gorgeous!!
Lesley x

Kim Dellow said...

Hahah! That is so cute LOL! Kim

Hels Sheridan said...

Now that, my friend, is truly inspiring..and..you have reached that level of mentallness that I have been sitting alone waiting for someone to come along for an eon...I love your bird...he is totally adorable...LOVE HIM!! The rhyme is pretty cool too :O)

Anne Jagger said...

Ooooo I want one! Just love him, he's fabulous!
Anne x

Sarah Anderson said...

HURRAY!!! You qualify for officially madder than me :) in this play date challenge. He is WONDERFUL!!! I want one! Funnily enough, I've seen Julie Arkell's work but not heard of her book. Remembered you'd mentioned it, looked it up then thought of you. Headed over here and there was your amazing bird.
FAB, FAB, FAB :)

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!!! This is FANTABULOUS!!!!! xxD

Julie Ranae said...

You're getting to be an 'old hand' at this! Congratulations on making The Fab 4 at The Play Date Cafe! We loved what you did with the 'blues' challenge!

Jan Hennings said...

CONGRATS on the Fab 4! Love your blue bird..he makes me smile!

Dawn said...

Wowee Laura this is stunning and cute!

Hugs
Dawn

Unknown said...

I love the bird and the poem.....Melinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...