The new challenge at Stampotique is to alter something. I have used the lid of a Camembert cheese container as the base of my mobile. I covered it with paper and on the edges I have used Tim Holtz Tissue strip which I then coloured with paint.
For images I first covered some Grungeboard with text paper on both sides. I then stamped the images onto one side of the grungeboard and then cut them out.
The next thing I did I am very pleased with. I was not looking forward to kiss stamping the images so I came up with a cunning plan! I stamped onto tissue paper with archival ink which would not run once dry. The images on tissue paper are transparent so I could easily reverse them and then stuck them to the other side using Matt Medium. Problem solved and with such ease. The simplest solutions are often the best. After all a mobile that is one sided is hardly perfect.
The images were then painted with, do you rememeber they were very popular a while back, H2O paints.
They were all the rage for awhile. Well they are still glorious and they do give a lovely sheen. A watery effect I thought. I also had a set of the iridescent ones. Pale colours that I have used for the mermaids skin. Quite subtle and probably does not show up on the photos but trust me works really well. One mermaid has a subtle green one to her skin, another a purply pink sheen and the third a golden tone.
The stamps I used were Smushasha, Smumauha, Smushallaum and Octopet.