Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Sunday 1 January 2012

What a Fantastic Way to Start 2012!


There could be few better ways to start the New Year for me. I have been asked to be the Guest Designer for Stampotique for the first month of the year. People who have followed my blog for several years will know I have been an avid fan of Stampotique's stamps and feel I was using them early on before they became as popular as they are now. So to be asked to be a guest designer was just terrific and so exciting. If you are interested in people's blurb you can read more over on their site.

I have started with my first make for Stampotique with a very simple New Year Wish. If only this could be true....


I would also like to pay tribute to one of their permanent designers, Joanne Wardle and fellow Gingersnap design team member, who I think was the first person I noticed doing such simple designs. I just felt this creation needed nothing else but to colour the star in gold. I hope she sees it as a compliment and that she has inspired this creation in its simplicity. I do not like to copy so I am keen to pay tribute and to recognize where the inspiration came from.  My other creations for the month are very different. This just felt it had such a strong New Year Wish that was so appropriate and needed absolutely nothing else.

The Star Chick is one of Jo Capper-Sandon's design that she created for Stampotique. It is a most versatile stamp that I am loving using at the moment. A simple strong image which I find evocative.

10 comments:

Willy said...

It's great to have you as Stampotique Guest Designer, Laura!

Carol Q said...

lovely design Laura. nice to see a fellow Glos neighbour as a Stampotique Guest Designer too!

Zoechaos said...

Congratulations Laura, great start to 2012 a foretaste of more to come, fingers crossed XOXO Zoe

Netty said...

Congratulations Laura this is terrific news. Loving your card for 2012. Happy New Year, hugs Annette x

Cynthia Schelzig said...

ooo Congrat Laura!!! this is great news for you!!! Have fun with it!!

Artyjen said...

Congratulations Laura! I know how much you love that stamp company :)
Your card is just perfect.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year.
xoxo Sioux

Jean Franks Beck said...

Congrats, Laura!! I love your card - that little birdie is adorable, and the sentiment is perfect for the new year. Happy New Year to you!

trisha too said...

Congratulations, Laura, what fun news!!

I have that little star bird, too, and just adore it!

:)

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Congratulations and well done. Lovely card the little bird is so cute
Lindsay xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Congrats on your guest design spot, wonderful start of this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...