Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Thursday 12 January 2012

Gingersnap and Stampotique Ribbon Challenge


The Supply Challenge at Gingersnaps this week is to use Ribbon. This month I am the Guest Designer for Stampotique and they are also sponsoring Gingersnaps so I have used their stamps for the challenge which is never a hardship for me.

Here I have used Prom Queen and the phrase 
"What? Never seen a Dive before" 
but as it would not all fit in the frame I had to cut a paste and leave out the "What?"

I have been doing quite a lot of sewing at the moment and have some items going into a traveling exhibition for 6 months as from the end of January, so I decided to add stitch to this image. I have used a variety of threads from ordinary sewing thread which gives a lovely fine line much like a fine drawing line, machine embroidery thread which gives off a sheen, hand embroidery thread as well as beads, embellishments and ribbon. 

Prom Queen seems to be a girl full of attitude and I can just imagine her saying those words. Shame "What?" did not fit in. Of course I have again covered the frame with embossed tomato puree tubes. I dread the day they may start to put tomato puree into plastic tubes. Do you remember that toothpaste used to always be in metal tubes like tomato puree?

13 comments:

Willy said...

SUPER creation, Laura! Love the stitching.

Anonymous said...

Love the way you stitched the image! Absolutely amazing!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, thanks for the smile on my face.

lachsekatze said...

She is so cool - and the stitching makes this creation so special.

trisha too said...

She reminds me of my daughter!!

LOL!!

:)

Anonymous said...

I love her! I think a part of her lives in every woman!

Suze Bain said...

I absolutely love this, I would never have thought to stitch the outline, you have really inspired me to dig out my embroidery threads! xx

Netty said...

Love your stitched image, it adds great dimension, x

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Laura,
I love your creation--and thanks SO much for visiting me! XO Cindy

Yvonne said...

Your diva is wonderful, Laura!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous project, love it
Lindsay xx

2amscrapper said...

love it!

Basement Stamper said...

very cool frame, love that sentiment with Prom Queen, so fitting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...