Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Friday 25 November 2011

Stampsmith: New Website





Stampsmith have a great new website which is so easy to navigate. It also includes some great tutorials and samples of work using their stamp range as well as tips and projects.
 I was very lucky to have been given this stamp sheet to use. Caravan by Jack Sherman. 

I just love his drawings and find it such a delight to use his designs. They are so fun to colour in.



The other great thing about this stamp sheet is the images are duplicated by the second image is facing the other way. Perfect for creating something like this. I thought I would be doing a load of kiss stamping, which I was not looking forward too, but to my delight it was not necessary. The image was already there.


I started by stamping in black and then clear embossing. This gives the line some edge and it is fantastically easy to colour in.


I used Promarkers to colour in, but the card needs to be thick enough or glossy, or something so the colours do not seep through to the back. I ended up using glossy card which seemed to work well.
I created little open carriages just big enough on 4 of them to carry a tea light. I have photographed it on the mantle piece above the fireplace. It does look rather fun at night. It would work well on a windowsill as the scale here may be better. But I guess I should say "Do not leave candles unattended they may be a fire risk" Especially if your window lets in a small draught.


HERE is a link to another creation I made with Stampsmith stamps and Jack Sherman's drawings.


I f you are interested there are lots more photos of the Carousel, which actually rotates, if you follow the link just above.

4 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

How FAB! That carousel is just amazing! x

Anonymous said...

I agree with Hels! That carousel is phenomenal! I love Jack's designs and have Stampsmith's previous plate using his illustrations. They are too fun!

Gez Butterworth said...

How very clever! Great creations Laura.xx

Netty said...

They are beautiful illustrations and love that brilliant carousel. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...