Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Friday 25 November 2011

Grungy Monday Week 28: Thanksgiving Box





This week the challenge is to use Tim's Pumpkin challenge. You can see it here:


I decided to create a hexagon box and then cover it with The Ranger silver metal which has a sticky back and so easy to use in this way.


First I cut out a card template for the box. Then I chose an embossing folder to run the metal through to create texture. I love this random circle folder. I then positioned the card over the metal and drew around the template. When cut out it was so easy to apply with the sticky background. I did cut it out slightly larger and then trimmed back.


I really liked the plain silver look and did not want to colour the box. I even decided not to run a dark stazon ink over the high points to add depth. I just liked it plain simple so the flower would stand out even more.

The flowers were punched out of metal sheet, run through a flowery embossing folder and then coloured with Alcohol Inks as Tim's video.  I really like the effect of the coloured flower against the silver box. The metal is lovely to shape too, to create dimension. Enjoyed this make.

It reminded me of a water lily floating on a pond and the circle embossing folder looks like rings in water after a pebble is thrown in.

11 comments:

Netty said...

Totally agree with you Laura, the flower is beautiful on the silver box. Have a great weekend, Annette x

Unknown said...

thats a stunning piece, i love it xx

Tracey A. in NH said...

Beautiful!! The gift inside would pale in comparison!!

Shelann said...

Beautiful box, love the red against the silver.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So pretty, love the embossing
Lindsay xx

itzamitzi said...

That box is gorgeous! It even looks very Christmasey [Is that a word?] with the red pointsettia-like flower on top.
Mitzi

Electra said...

It is just gorgeous, Laura! I like how you've left the silver plain too, although there is nothing plain about this box!

Ali Manning said...

Wow - this is an amazing project, Laura!

Lesley Edmonds said...

My first thought when I saw this was 'ooo a waterlily'...this is gorgeous Laura!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW!!! You did your whole project in the technique...it's fabulous!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a cool piece of art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...