Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Saturday 13 February 2010

Valentine Blog Hop with Gingersnaps and The Artistic Stamper




Welcome to the Gingersnap Creations’ Valentine Blog Hop and Hop Stop #6!

If you’ve already been hopping then hopefully you have just come from Joanne at Made by Joanne. If you are starting here, welcome! It's a loop so you can start anywhere along the way!

At each stop, you need to collect a word! There are 8 stops in all starting and ending with the Gingersnap Creations blog where you can get all the specific information and get a peak at the the goodies in the Valentine Giveaway including some treats from The Artistic Stamper.

When you get all your words, 9 in all, unscramble them to form a quotation about love. Once you have your guess at the quote, email it and your name to gingersnapstamp@gmail.com by February 20, 2010. We will be picking one lucky winner at random from the correct entries to win the Valentine Giveaway package! 

If you visit all the stops, you should end up right back at Gingersnap Creations with 9 words! Unscramble the words to come up with a love quote and email it on to gingersnapstamp@gmail.com. That's all there is to it!

If you get lost along the way, you can see the entire route at Gingersnap Creations.

My word is "love".

Your next stop on the hop is Lynn at Trash to Treasure Art. Have fun and good luck!



Also over on Gingersnaps this week there is a Lace and Fibers challenge. I have made this card to fir in with this challenge and to show case further the wonderful stamps by The Artistic Stamper, Jennie. They are just fab and some really useful background stamps as well. Here I have used the polka dot stamp background. Just great! And the plain heart with some profile elegant women from the 20's. stamped inside. Finished with "The Roaring Twenties" stamp.


I love this period in the 20th century for woman. For a long time they had been harnessed and bound up in corsets. Suddenly there was a whole movement to free woman and allow them to move and breath again. To have short hair if desired and be liberated from confining clothing. The start of more freedom for women.

29 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card! Love that twenties love
x

Anonymous said...

So very pretty, Laura! Love the three hearts and the touch of lace!

Helen said...

Wonderful card, the hearts are great.

elina said...

great card!! your design is super!! i love the row of three hearts!

Claire said...

gorgeous card, the lace really finishes it off perfectly
Claire xx

Lynn Stevens said...

so sweet, Love those polka dots!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Such lovely ladies... beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet valentine! I really like it.

Sid said...

Superb card design and the stamps look fab !

joanne wardle said...

so so stylish

Anonymous said...

Ive been here before...I loved your background with acrylic's with the sequin waste that I forgot about till now... and TH tag's...I really like your take on the stampotique's too...
love you take with these new stamp's too, the lace really is nice and the top image on the card is my fav...
beautiful subtle flower in the backing..

I also made a card for the lace and fiber...
x
Vicky

Mary poppin's suffragettes spring to mind...from the ending to your story for me....

Artyjen said...

I think the top lady is my fave...along with the polka dots of course! :)
xoxo

Lyneen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the images.

Beccy said...

I love those images - wasnt the 20's elegant.

Beccy x

Ali Manning said...

Gorgeous card, Laura!

Unknown said...

Lovely card.

JPScraps said...

Your card is stunning! I love the images stamped in the hearts

Julie Ranae said...

Every time I look at these Roaring 20's ladies, I think black and white. I LoVe what you did with these fabulous images!

Christine said...

Beautiful women in beautiful hats to make a beautiful card! Stunning!

Blessings,
Christine

Ellen said...

grgeous card, I love the way you stamped the faces into the hearts

michele hileman said...

I love that. The look is awesome

Sarah Anderson said...

started the blog hop here so glad to hear it's a loop!!
I do so wish I suited more hat styles, these are gorgeous on this card :)

Gloria Westerman said...

You just gotta love those hats...I was we as women would wear more hats....thank you for sharing this gorgeous card...

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous art hun x

Lois said...

LOVEly work.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Gorgeous card, love the twenties theme.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - I do like these images and may have to order some.
THanks for sharing

Kirsti said...

I love the 20s too...very liberating for womens rights and I am all for that!!!! Great card too, lace is one of my favourite embellishments...xoxo

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

This is a fab piece and have loved seeing what everyone has created :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...