Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Saturday 13 February 2010

Red, Lavender and Silver PDCC 16


Well what a group of colours over on Play Date Cafe Challenge 16! Red and silver or silver and lavender I would feel comfortable with, but red, lavender and silver almost got me stumped. But I am up for a challenge and like my boundaries to be stretched. So I have created something today that I would never have done without this challenge. And I think has worked really well. I put some silver foil through the Cuttlebug and then sponged with lavender ink and heat set. Cut out the words "Hi" with the Cuttlebug and used silver mirri card for this. Punched some ovals in lavender and red and added some stitch marks, stuck the words on top. Mounted onto the red paper embossed with velvet circles and scattered with silver hearts. Lace punched one edge and backed this area with silver mirri card. Then it was all layered onto a slightly darker patterned lavender/purple card.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Using silver foil was inspired AND beautiful!

Julie Ranae said...

It's so funny you mentioned the color pink because when I was preparing for this challenge, I had pink on my table for about 2 days while I planned out the 'perfect' creation....only to revisit the photo to see that it was red, not pink! Really silly because it was my choice of photo inspiration this week! haha

Great job with the project!

Sarah Anderson said...

Brilliant idea! I struggled with this week's colour combo too, and LOVE how you went wholeheartedly with all the colours...and it works!!!

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful card! Just perfect for this week's challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...