I decided to make some fabric brooches for the
I took some close ups of the brooches but the camera really did not like to photograph the fabric. None of the close ups were quite in focus even with the macro on.
I first coloured the fabric with Acrylic inks and then stamped the images with Versacraft ink. Set the ink with a hot iron and further coloured them with paints, many of which were Stewart Gill paints. I then experimented with sewing them into brooches. The first one was stuffed but this did not really give me the look I was after. I then tried wading and zigzagging around the image. I much preferred this and to give them more definition and texture I quilted around the characters and into a few of them.
I did manage to get a close up of this one in focus. Metallic paints were added after to give more depth.