Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Monday 26 March 2012

Wearable Art with Stampotique


I decided to make some fabric brooches for the

I took some close ups of the brooches but the camera really did not like to photograph the fabric. None of the close ups were quite in focus even with the macro on.

I first coloured the fabric with Acrylic inks and then stamped the images with Versacraft ink. Set the ink with a hot iron and further coloured them with paints, many of which were Stewart Gill paints. I then experimented with sewing them into brooches. The first one was stuffed but this did not really give me the look I was after. I then tried wading and zigzagging around the image. I much preferred this and to give them more definition and texture I quilted around the characters and into a few of them.


I did manage to get a close up of this one in focus. Metallic paints were added after to give more depth.

11 comments:

trisha too said...

What a wonderful idea, Laura, these are great!

:)

Kaz said...

These are just fab Laura! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

Maria Sabina R. said...

beautiful and well done! thanks for sharing your creations at SDC

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Now how much fun are these!!!?!! Love the colorful designs and the fab stitching! Thank you for joining us for the SDC this week!
Best of luck in the draw!
Val :)

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Laura.. these are just the cutest patches ever! All so gorgeous :-) Clever you.xx

Gez Butterworth said...

OOps, should have said.. thank you for joining us again at Stampotique Designers challenge.. good luck for the draw.xx

Willy said...

So cute and beautiful! Love them, Laura! Thanks for joining us at SDC 50.

Basement Stamper said...

your fabric brooches are so cute, love how different they all are. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea and what a stunning collection! Thank you for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Anonymous said...

These are really neat! Love your background fabrics and the Stampotique images are just perfect!

Renee said...

These would make adorable little dolls too! Really cute brooches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...