Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Sunday Stamper : Brown



The Sunday Stamper ,over on Hels' blog, this weeks challenge is based on the song Brown Eyed Girl, hence the colour brown. I decided to go through my stamps which I had not used for a while and came up with this teasel head. I enjoy seed heads such as these. I think it is their structure and distressed quality I am drawn to especially when they are quite dry.

I coloured a stamboard with Old Paper ink and the edges with Brushed Corduroy. The stamp itself is quite a lot longer so I selected the area I wanted and laid a piece of Stampboard over the section of the stamp I wanted once it had been inked up with Sepia ink. I further scratched into it with a scratchy tool, to give further definition. Then it had its edges sanded so it looked more like a tile. Out came the TH papers and the piece was layered up and edges distressed and inked. The frame was sanded back and a very light application of Bronze paint was added.

11 comments:

Artyjen said...

Very effective....will make a nice feature on the wall :)
xoxo Sioux

Hels Sheridan said...

one of my fave stamps there... loving your frame... tis lovely... thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

PetraB said...

I love the image and the way you used it in the frame, it looks very arty.

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous Laura. Love your teasel :) Perfect.xx

My name is Cindy said...

A lovely piece - and the frame sets it off perfectly.

Unknown said...

Oh I likey likey this I will have to keep an eye put for this kind of stamp it looks lush

Love Dawn xx

Anonymous said...

Perfectly perfect! Beautiful piece!

Elaine said...

Love your teasel and great frame!

Maggie said...

Great piece of wall art love the stamp!

Lynn Stevens said...

So Gorgeous Laura, I would hang this in my home anyday!!!! Love it
Hugs Lynn

Barb Cady said...

Really love this, and I have the stamp! Do agree they are lovely stamps, your frame works really well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...