Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Thursday 24 March 2011

Gingersnaps Birthday hop








This is the third annual Ginger, copper rust themed challenge to celebrate Gingers birthday. A number of the design team have created pieces in celebration. We would love any visitors who would like to bop to hop over and visit all the great creations. You can also join in the challenge.


My partner, John, makes wonderful musical instruments. Guitars, Mandolins, Ukuleles etc. They are just beautiful and sound glorious. Very loud with a very long sustain to the sound. I truly don't know how he manages it. Very talented and gifted. Anyhow the reason why I am ranting on is because it leads me to this creation. It is a little bag for his plectrums. Unfortunately  I cannot really take credit for the original idea as I came across this in one of my books I was browsing through again. It came from Rubber Stamp Extravaganza by Vesta Abel. I don't really feel I can give out the details too much as it is printed in a book. Just to say it uses Ultimate bond tape and it feels absolutely lush. It feels almost like snakeskin and is very flexible and feels quite strong. It is certainly a technique I will use again.


Please hop over Gingers and visit other people too! We would really love to hear from you.

19 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Quite simply this is stunning Love it. XOXO Zoe

Unknown said...

tis gorjuss hun, well done

hugs
judie xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! Totally stunning!

Netty said...

Oh Laura its too good for plectrums.....sob sob Fabulous piece of art. Annette x

penny4thoughts said...

Really terrific little bag - the surface is so intriguing as you've described it, I'd love to be able to touch it. I'll bet it was lots of fun to make :-)

Debi said...

so cute :) I love the beads and the little charms x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Its perfect, gorgeous! Useful too!

Sharon said...

Just beautiful- really stuning!

PetraB said...

A terrific little bag, it looks so exquisite.

Suzanne Bouchard said...

WOW! WHat a stunning little bag! too bad I don't have the book I certainly am curious of how you acccomplished such great texture! But bravo for respecting the author of hte book.

donna said...

Amazing piece!

Electra said...

Wow, this is really stunning! I wish I could touch it too!

trisha too said...

This is gorgeous! What a wonderful piece--I hope he's appropriately appreciative!!

:)

Unknown said...

How lovely I am sure hubby will love it indeed. Loving all the beads

Love Dawn xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

I'm stunned ! Beautiful ! Oh dear more jealousy I fear.

Marie

Toni said...

This is so pretty... I bet the technique was fun... Beautiful !

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful little bag.

Chris Arlington said...

I love this! the texture is fabulous!

WendyK said...

Just love all the colour and texture on this one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...