Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Friday 25 March 2011

Dreamy Word and Tim Holtz Dies



This is my dreamy tag I have made for Simon Says and also for The Sunday Stamper. For Simon Says we needed to incorporate a word and for The Sunday Stamper it was to use dies. ( I think it is because Hels wanted to play with Victor. You will need to read her blog to find out who Victor is?)

As you can see I had great fun with this one. The base card is some I had marbled sometime ago and felt it may be a fun starting point. The Dream die was placed inside the tag die and the paper run through my cuttlebug. ( We don't all have a friend called Victor to play with!)

I then used further stamps to add more interest. Two of them are Jo's from Stampotique. Abstract foliage and  Fern swirls. I also went around the edges to darken including the cut words. There is a further layer of chalk ink sponged through a flower template.

The butterflies are another Tim Holtz die which I used twice to produce 2 contrasting layers so as to create more dimension.

I must admit I am rather pleased with how it looks.

11 comments:

Jingle said...

Very pretty!

Hels Sheridan said...

ROFL @Victor... that made me lol hun.
LOVE the tag... tis lush... and that word die, there was me saying I woudl never use it... ahem, me thinks it is on the wishlist now!! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

Netty said...

Beautiful tag and loving the butterflies. Annette x

Alexa said...

I love this tag - beautiful colours

Lesley Edmonds said...

I loved this Laura - really dreamy! Love the colours and dimensional butterflies.

Nancy Wethington said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

Candy C said...

Very beautiful tag and I LOVE your buttereflies! They are the perfect colorful touch! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

Candy C said...

Very beautiful tag and I LOVE your buttereflies! They are the perfect colorful touch! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

Dolly Daydreams said...

You should be pleased its fabulous and I;m jealous.

Marie

Elizabeth said...

Hi, popped over from Marie at Dolly Daydreams site and love your tags so I'll be popping in again. Elizabeth x

Gerri Herbst said...

Magnificent colors and composition. It looks alive like an under water scene,(All the blues) Love the "Dream" too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...