Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Friday 29 October 2010

SCD Colour Challenge: Blue and Burgundy



Halloween is nearly upon us so I just had to use these images again before they may not be so appropriate. What a shame. Does this mean they have to go away again for nearly a year? Anyhow this is the last week of the colour challenge with us at SCD and as the title says the colours are Blue and Burgundy. I created this background with acrylic paints and then ran it through a Tim Holtz embossing folder. Highlighted the embossed sections with black ink. So really should I say downlighted? Then I cut the post from another Tim Holtz product, the Hanging Sign die. Covered it with Ferro Gold Iron Viva paint, when dry fixed the sign with jump rings and chain. Loads of fun.

8 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

OOOO I love this, it's gorgeous.

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

wow toally fab!!!! so much detail and texture.

Sue x

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous colours in the background :) I say a skeleton isn't just for hallowe'en!
xoxo Sioux

Unknown said...

Love your hanging this week Laura Loving the background

Love Dawn xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic Halloween scene. II love the die cuts

Yvonne said...

Fabulous colours for your card, Laura!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Love the way you used the colors in your amazing background!

Katie said...

This is really clever. I just went and looked at old posts too...what a great blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...