Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Thursday 7 October 2010

Melon, Green and White with PDCC 50


Wow I have just had one of those days that is a bit magical, and this is the result. I started the day by collecting dark red acer leaves. I then proceeded to hammer them onto fabric to give these truly beautiful acer leaf prints. Isn't it just something special? I then made a quilt sandwich and free machine stitched around it. The frame is a Cuttlebug die which I call wonky frames. I have several; squares, rectangles and circles and they are all rather wonky, which I love. Much better than boring straight. This has been stitched into place so that the quilting piece is fairly dimensional. The image above is a close up. The finished item is below. I have submitted it for The Play Date Cafe Challenge 50.



The leaves are punched out and a backing of green glimmer ,isted paper mounted behind. The words are some great ones from Creshendho. Available from The Stamp Attic in the UK. These have been stamped onto some inked paper that includes green and melon colours, scrunched for texture and ironed. 
Here are the challenge colours.

12 comments:

Terry said...

What a unique take on this challenge! Lovely piece of art!

Tracy Evans said...

Love the leaf, a gorgeous take on this weeks colour challenge. Looks just like a little quilt. Lovely. Tracy Evans x

Artyjen said...

Yet another great idea...would never have thought of bashing a leaf! Looks lovely quilted up :)
xoxo Sioux

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Laura....I adore this! Love everthing about it. If this does not get a mention this week I will be surprised.

Anonymous said...

Wowzers! Your stitching is incredible! What a fabulous piece!

Nigel said...

Wow! This is fantastic, love the whole layout and the fabric leaf is gorgeous.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you hammer the leaves onto the fabric?

Zue said...

I know how to hammer leaves..just have not done it yet.
This a so beautiful...I especially love the stitching, but all of theelements are gorgeous and work so well together
Sue xx

Andrea Ewen said...

Super cute, I love a hand sewn image, it's so original! Great job with our colors as well! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

Sarah Anderson said...

I've never heard of hammering leaves into fabric, - it does look fab. Love it when you play along with us in the cafe :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHH! Just beautiful! I love that leaf! SO UNIQUE:) Great job--Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Ruby said...

Fab project! I love how you've done the leaves and the quilting, it looks great! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the PDCC this week!

Suzanne C said...

Love the sewing on the leaf. Beautiful touch! Glad you joined us at the PDCC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...