Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Sunday 29 September 2013

Stampotique Design Team Call 2014 x 2

I have submitted this creation to showcase for the Stampotique Designer Team call as I feel it really demonstrates my ability to  think "Outside the Box", which is one of the criteria asked for in the brief.
Brooom, Brooom

My work is often peppered with humour. Hence the title for this piece "Brooom, Brooom". Just how a supersonic, modern day witch should travel, house and all, two broomstick powered.

Broom Broom Photoshop

I enjoy combining stamps, using two or more together and finding ways to combine them, adding hats and patterns to create characters and interest.




My work is often a bit quirky and grungy but recently I have been enjoying making clean and simple cards that have a sharp eye for design.


This is a recent example of one of my clean and simple makes. I stamped on to fabric and then free machined stitched into it to add detail and contrast. Simply attached with eyelets and a piece of washi tape and finished with a sentiment in cherry ink.

I have been an avid fan of Stampotique stamps for a long time and have been using them from my early days of exploring stamping. I first happened across Stampotique stamps when I attended a workshop with Sue Roddis, which I think was in 2007. I fell in love with them and started my collection from that day. I believe my use of them in my creations and blog posts contributed to them becoming popular in the UK as I often received comments like " What quirky stamps, not quite sure if I like these stamps or love them, where did you find them?" Over time I saw more and more people start to use them. I would link my blog posts up to where they could be purchased in the UK.

I like to try to use the stamps in an imaginative way. Thinking up new ways to use them and to think outside the box and play with materials.

I have been involved with numerous design teams such as Gingersnaps, Unruly Paper Arts, Rogue Redhead Designs and Something Completely Different. I have been guest designer for a number of stamp companies. I have had my work published in Craft Stamper magazine.

I enjoy challenges as they push you to create and challenge you to adapt and to think around a subject. I like to push my boundaries rather than copy others.

I would be proud, delighted and extremely happy to be part of the Stampotique Design Team in either capacity, the challenge team or the blog team.

8 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh Laura I love it! So imaginative :) Good luck

Kay Wallace said...

Definitely "outside of the box," Laura, and a homerun in my book! Lots of detail (still digesting that sleigh!) and such a fun title! Good luck in the search--I know you would be an asset to the Stamptique team!

Gez Butterworth said...

Fab, FAB, fab Laura. Love everything you create, always cutting edge, leaving room for thought and imagination. I am the proud owner of one of your gorgeous decorated frames, full of Stampotique images and designs from even before I knew who they were! It lives on my treasure shelf :))

Good Luck for the DT call. Fingers and toes crossed for you.xx

Brenda Brown said...

Such an ingenious project and more like the Laura I know. Good luck with the Stampotique call, you would be such an asset to the team.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Artyjen said...

They would be mad not to have you!! Good luck with the DT call ;)
xoxo Sioux

Clare Lloyd said...

Fabulous project.

Basement Stamper said...

Great job thinking out of the box, love the details of it! Thanks for joining us for the design team call.

joanne wardle said...

Fabulous piece. Good luck with the DT call. I loved being part of the stampotique dt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...