Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Saturday 25 April 2009

Meet Blossom




Meet Blossom. Blossom is my entry for the Graphicus challenge for April. The challenge colours were Pink and Green and the subject was Blossom.
I thoroughly enjoyed creating Blossom and seeing her come to life. I felt the only place I could photograph her was in the garden amongst the Forget-me-nots. I am not sure whether the background is too busy so I have also used the old oil tank as a back drop. Which do you think is better?



The rubber stamps I used on the dress and the ballet pumps was from the Damask Backgrounds. The lace design stamped onto the silk fabric and used for her gloves was from the Damask Squares themeplate. The flowers were from the Poppy Collage and Daisy collage themeplates. I just love these flowers printed onto coloured paper. They create a good grunge look. The paper had been coloured first with pink and green glimmer mists. The other papers used where from the K & Co Classic Boxed set. Blossom was further embellished with gems.
Blossom's face was stamped from a recent Guild stamp and was cut from the jesters face.

6 comments:

Julie Smith said...

Love your idea, very imaginative

Artyjen said...

Ab Fab......really great piece of work. I like the old oil tank as a backdrop best but then I am a naturally grungy sort of gal!. :)
xoxo

veronica said...

loved this one -good luck witht he challenge

Rachelsmum said...

Great idea, love the combination of colour and texture too xxsue

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted you've started a blog as your artwork truly deserves a place to be seen. Thank you so much for entering this, and the other challenges, it's nice to have a place to come and leave a comment too. Good luck with the blog and keep on playing!
Glenda

Artyjen said...

Hi, not ignoring your question regarding photo's. It is not a simple answer - so am writing it up as and when. Can't find the link I used to find this out in the first place or it would have been simple!!!
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...