Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Ravens with Gingersnaps


This was very much inspired by re reading The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe.
It has lots of slightly quirky things in it, which are elements I nearly always enjoy, and in this instance almost reflects the madness that the narrator suffers from at the end of the poem. During the poem the narrator imagines that Seraphim (a type of angel)  has entered the room with nepenthe, a drug to induce forgetfulness.

There are some other cracking creations over on Gingersnaps I am sure you will enjoy.

7 comments:

Artyjen said...

Love all the interesting layers to this :)
xoxo Sioux

PetraB said...

Your piece would work perfectly as coverpage for the poem. It includes everything I would associate with it! Just brilliant!

Netty said...

Terrific piece for Gingersnaps Laura. I am sure I have been taking nepenthe by mistake, it would account for my mental state...... xx

Gez Butterworth said...

BRILLIANT!

Anonymous said...

Love your raven! What a fabulous piece!

Lynn Stevens said...

Fabulous Laura, Its so Poe-esk!!
hugs Lynn

Crafting Queen said...

Love the shape and the elements work so well together. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...