Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Monday 29 March 2010

A Fishy Tale with PDCC No: 22



It is the PDC challenge No: 22 this week. Here are the challenge colours:




I decided to visit a piece of work I made some time ago, which never felt quite right. In the original make I just had some stamped fish. This felt very flat and 2D'ish, so the thought came to me to actually make fish so it was much more like viewing sardines in a can. 


I started off spraying cotton with glimmer mist in the colours from the challenge. hen stamping and sewing fish. Then adding more of the colours from the challenge  with paint. I also liked the link with "Can you see the Sea" and I had images of the sardines squealing this to each other. Bit macabre , but there you go!

12 comments:

Suzanne C said...

LOL! I got a good chuckle out of this and love your fish! What a clever project. Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC.

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab art....love it loads...don't like sardines I have to admit, but yours lookk yummy :O))xx

Ruby said...

What a great take on the challenge over at the Play Date Cafe! :o) Your fish are fab!! We're really glad you played along with us this week, hope to see you next week too!

Anne Jagger said...

Fantastic! LOL!

CrazyStampinWomen Nancy said...

This is fantastic---so creative! Thank you for sharing!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Just so gorgeous and quirky. You always get such brilliant ideas Laura.
Lesley x

Unknown said...

great ideas flowwing here

Love Dawn xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute project! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Unknown said...

Such a cute and clever project! Love the packaging, too! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC this week! Hope to see you again next week!

Sarah Anderson said...

Laura I just love how this brings a smile to my face every time I see it :) (I've been showing people) Such a fun, quirky idea
Thanks for being such a regular supporter at the play date cafe :) If we did loyalty cards you'd have been enjoying your free coffees by now :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE this--so clever! Love everything about it:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Artyjen said...

Delish & quirky :) Thanks for popping by and holding hands in cyber space
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...