Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Sunday 28 March 2010

Butter wouldn't melt!



Our dog went walkabout today. Harriet came home and did not notice the dog slip out. He wasn't noticed missing until about an hour later. What a horrid feeling.
We all went around the village searching and calling for him. Several people said they had seem him on the rec, and then by the post office. We talked to anyone we could see. He completely slipped by us. After about an hour I phoned the police and the dog warden. Then took to the streets again to search. Eventually a friend I had talked to earlier found him outside the village. He is really quite a good dog, quite well trained and she just called him and slipped a leash on him no trouble and brought him down. What a relief. The thoughts that go through your mind are just dreadful. I am glad to report a happy ending.

If he knew what he had done wrong he would be in the dog house. To him he just went for a mooch.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so very happy you had a happy ending!

A couple of months ago, my dog managed to slip out of his collar as we were walking and he took off. We chased him all over the place for several hours but couldn't get close enough to grab him and finally lost him. After a spending the early morning hours biting my nails and crying, he showed up. He had been hit by a car, but luckily no major damage to him. It was so scary!

sam21ski said...

Awww Laura he is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so pleased you got him back. Don't know what I would do if my Frazzie went walk about, he's go no road sense whatsoever!!! Hope I never get put in that position xxxxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Blimey, I just know how you musthave been feeling hun...and am so happy to hear he is home safe...he is the most darling doggy...what a gorgeous little face he has x

*I just gotta post this...the Word Verification is.... dogibul ROFL*

Debby said...

What a beautiful dog. I am so happy everything turned out. What a blessing.
Debby

Bear Chick said...

So glad this story had a happy ending! We do love our animals.

Lesley Edmonds said...

Lovely happy ending and what a beautiful dog! TFS.
Lesley x

Unknown said...

Phew lucky he wasn't nabbed! he is so beautiful so happy this had a happy ending I don't know about you bet we have our dog chipped too only cost £20 so if she does go walk about and is picked up she will be home with us again.

So GLAD this had a happy ending

Love Dawn xx

Heavens2Betsy said...

So pleased your happy wanderer returned safe and sound. It is the scariest feeling.

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! One of my dogs did that to me once, just dug his way out of the backyard. My heart was in my throat until we found him. So happy that your doggy adventure had a happy ending too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...