Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Friday 3 September 2010

My Unique Technique: Embossed leaf

Today I will show you a technique I developed to preserve fall/autumn leaves and to enhance them. I adore oak leaves. I just love their infinite variety of shapes and I find them all so unique and beautiful. I am completely drawn to them so I thought up this method to try to preserve them without drying or pressing them for ages. They are slightly stronger than dried ones but are still fragile and can break over time especially if they find themselves stored in a pile of papers or cards.



The finished leaf. Isn't it just beautiful?


So if you are interested in how to achieve this hop over to Gingersnaps where there is a tutorial showing you how!

 Once made you can then use them in your creations and projects.




Here I  made one into an ATC.  The ATC background was tissue paper stamped, torn, layered and glued. The leaf was matted and layered  onto card. cut out and gold pen run around the edges of the mat. The edges were stitched and beaded. 

As you can see part of a lobe has broken off over time but I did find it bunched up in a pile of papers, which did not help.




And Lavender dipped in silver....





Hope you have fun with this technique: Laura Liddell

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I came by to say how I love the SCD arch you made just so me I loved it. And what did I find? a stunning leaf and it looks fab! I wll have to start collecting some and hope over to GSC for you Tutorial wonderful post

Love Dawn xx

Terry said...

Wow! That is awesome and will go check the tutorial! I took some grape leaves, added Mod Podge to one side and added them to a door and then applied more MP to the top of the leaf and they are still up!! Now the leaves when from green to Fall type colors!

Lori said...

Wow, this is a really great tutorial! Love it! And your ATC! lol!

Anonymous said...

Love your Arch and your Leaf is gorgeous. S x

Anonymous said...

Your tutorial is amazing! I think tons of people are at this moment gathering up leaves to try it! Your cards are all gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...