Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Thursday 29 October 2009

Time Flies: Artsy Craft Weekend

I was also very lucky to attend the Artsy Craft weekend. It was great. Lots and lots of crafting. New techniques learnt and new friends made. To attend was quite a big decision as it was quite expensive. Worth it but I did think of all the wonderful craft materials I could buy with the same outlay. However I was thrilled to go. Had a great time and would be very tempted to go again. Leandra and Lin were wonderful as were their whole team! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
This was my take on "Time Flies". I could not resist adding legs and a head to the main piece to create a wacky bird which could, maybe, actually fly!
The centre section was a new technique to me. UTE powder melted in a melt pot. Poured into a cookie cutter mould with the stamped card on the base. Quite tricky. I had several attempts at it before achieving this less than perfect example.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a great version of the old adage "time flies". Sounds like you had a fab time!

Artyjen said...

Oooh! How fantastic.....won some stamps in the recent giveaway at PA...(still to arrive...bit of a long story!)Know what you mean about buying crafting goodies instead LOL :)))
Bet it was a great weekend though.
xoxo

sam21ski said...

WOW Laura, lucky you, Leandra and her team are fab aren't they. Was worth it just to see your flying bird!!!!

Zoechaos said...

love your take in the clock. Know people who went on the first week-end, they also enjoyed themselves and produced some stunning pieces as you have here.

Lynn Stevens said...

looks and sounds like a Great TIME!!! parden the pun! Your little bird is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Looks fab Laura! I was at the first weekend and thoroughly enjoyed learning all those new techniques!

Tontodollydog said...

Hi Laura - it's your drinking buddy from the Artsy craft weekend. Just popped over to check out your blog and wow wow wow it's fantastic!!!! Thanks for your company during the weekend xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...