Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Thursday 26 November 2009

Jingle your own Damn Bells!

Well this is my make for the new Gingersnap challenge to include frames. As I think you can see I like to make fun, happy, quirky things. If anyone was wondering why I named my blog "As happy as....." I think you will now understand. Why the picture of the peas? Well there are few things that look so happy and snug and contented all huddled together. It is always a joy when I pod peas to just see the little lovelies all lined up and cozy. Now broad beans are a wonder too! They have a fabulous furry nest to lie in. I often think when podding how nice it must be to be a broad bean growing in its pod, surrounding by the luxurious furry lining. I expect people are thinking I have lost my marbles! However I believe in enjoying the simple things in life.

Well back to the make. Both stamps are from Stampotique available through The Stamp Attic in the UK. The frame was a stamp I bought ages ago. It is a large foam stamp. I don't think it shows but I embossed it to make it look more relief like. The background is created by mainly using, I think, Sticky finger ink sprays. A  real autumn set that include names like Autumn gold, Blackberry, Raspberry, Maple, Walnut etc. I am sure I added some glimmer mists as well.

Oh I almost forgot. The hat. Yes Tomato puree woman was at it again. Stazon hat stamped onto the metal. Cut out and embossed with pointy tool. An old biro will work just as well.

8 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Just totally lovin that sentiment...andI love the Stampotique stamps too...you made them look FAB!

Lynn Stevens said...

hahaha , Love that saying! I do think I need to pick that one up.
I don't think you lost your marbles! The first time I saw your header I thought cozy as two peas in a pod!

Unknown said...

When I saw this project, I smiled ear to ear. Love what you did and I'm off to get both images. Those are "can't live withouts"

Thanks for the smile

Artyjen said...

That has really made me smile today. Great sentiment. Love the frame embossed.
xoxo

Lesley Edmonds said...

Fabulous Laura! Just made me laugh!
Lesley x

Kim said...

Oh, I so love this--I nearly sprayed coffee all over my computer when I saw it! I think we all feel this way at some point during the holidays!

Anonymous said...

This is just so great! I completely love it!

Carol Q said...

brilliant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...