Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Tuesday 19 April 2016

April's Creative Carte Blanche: Cigar box

Well I didn't have a cigar box but what I did find was one of my Dad's tobbacco tins from when he used to smoke a pipe. Unfortunately now without lid, but as the Creative Carte Blanche challenge says, inside a box is just fine. Dad has been dead now for 20 years so it was a rather poignant and delightful alteration. My Dad loved his garden and had quite an affinity with birds. He also loved his flowers. So what we have here is a Secret Garden in remembrance of my Dad.  

The viola was stamped onto fabric by pounding it with a hammer. Then it became the top layer of a sandwich with wadding as the filling and free machined. The blackbird stamped onto fabric and stitched into place. Other elements added including a four leaf clover, ladybird and a delicate shell button. Then finally Secret Garden stamped and sewn into place.


6 comments:

Candy C said...

This is such a cute project and of course it means even more when you have your father's tobacco tin and his love of birds as your inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Carte Blanche.

Susan said...

What a special tin to alter! I'm sure your Dad would be thrilled! Nice design too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Carte Blanche!

Annette Green said...

How sweet is this little decorated tin? Love the stitching and homespun feel of it. I'm so happy you used something meaningful to you personally in this project. Thanks for joining us at Creative Carte Blanche.

Yvonne said...

Thanks for joining us at Creative Carte Blanche!! I like your tin...very pretty!

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Very, very sweet. I love thinking of your creating this special piece while you remember your dad. I enjoyed your creativity on this one!!

WendyK said...

A lovely idea for your tin, and I love the fact that you did some sewing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...