Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Thursday 8 December 2011

Non Traditional Christmas Card week with Stampotique 43


Stampotique's challenge this time was to create a Christmas card with no Red or Green So here is my version. 

I used Beach Washed paper that has a darker core and ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder to bring this out more. Sanded the top and then rubbed an embossing pad over the high points and added clear glitter embossing powder. This gives it a subtle sparkle. The snowman was stamped and again embossed with clear glitter powder. He too has a very subtle sparkle. I gave the snowman a candy cane which I did not colour with red and mounted the tag onto this brown and blue backing paper which I think really sets it off.  I love the pale blue dots on the paper as they remind me of snow falling or snowballs.

10 comments:

Willy said...

Such a wonderful winter card, Laura! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 43.

Kaz said...

What a fab card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique again.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks for commenting at my blog, Linda. Love your take on the challenge a lot! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lovin' it! Great design and totally fun snowman!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic tag, love your snowman.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Stunningly gorgeous card, love the colours and the snowman is fab
Lindsay xx

Basement Stamper said...

great colors, love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Electra said...

GREAT card!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Great tags Laura, so nice to see you have been playing along with Tims tags too! Love the day 2 one!

BTW (Itkepelli) spelling? has the codes on her blog to fix the background, you do have to remove the old one first. I did it and it worked!
hugs Lynn

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous card Laura. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...