Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Monday 6 August 2012

Birds and Buttons with Stampotique


Peace


I have used a number of Stampotique stamps for this Birds and Buttons challenge. I have this paper pack that I really like and one of the images on the sheets is this girl with balloon. So firstly Star Bird was stamped beside her approving of the message she is sending out on her red "P" button balloon. I then created these imaginary birds with one of the Two Sticks. How I have used this stamp. It must be one of my favourites of all times.  Then created wings by using a heart from the Heart Cube stamp. They are double layered. Firstly stamped onto the card beside two sticks and then layered with iridescent foil. The buttons have the letters P E A C E stuck on them and placed on the balloon and the wings. The Peace sentiment was the starting point of this thought process along with the challenge,  Birds and Buttons.


I would also like to add this piece to Word Art Wednesday where by coincidence the theme is Peace,  and the second coincidence is that I was left a lovely comment on a previous post that highlighted this challenge to me. I like coincidences, they are often very special. So thank you.

Hope you enjoy.

13 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely beautiful creation Laura, as always. Peace be with you xxx

Kaz said...

This is beautiful Laura, and such a clever idea. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

Carla said...

it is a beautiful piece of art

Suze Bain said...

Such a lovely 'peace' of art! Love the tag and how you've used the individual letters. xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Laura! I was SO happy to see that you decided to play along with us at Word Art Wedneday. This is an AWESOME piece of art. I especially love this wonderful sentiment, and the creative way you've blended everything together. Your little imaginary birds/bees are SO cute and creative as well.

God's PEACE is a wonderful gift, and I thank you so much for sharing this beautiful creation with us that celebrates that peace! I just prayed for you, Laura. And I really hope you will continue to plau along with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Blessings to you,
Karen L
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

pretty ;0)

Netty said...

Two sticks are my favourite stamps as well.......loving this creation, x

Basement Stamper said...

I love the stick people flying in the sky. Super cute creation! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Sue said...

This is so beautiful and imaginative, I love it x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Looks fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Beautifully done!

Brenda Brown said...

Original creativity at its best Laura, just love this.
Hugs Brenda xox

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh I LoVe your two sticks bird creations, so inventive, and so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...