Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Faux Patina: CC2C2


What an amazing stamp! It was one of the first I ever bought and was a doorway for me getting into rubber stamps. So wonderful to use again! And what better way than by using Tim Holtz's Faux Patina  technique that is illustrated in the Compendium of Curiosities 2 page 58. I created mine onto his new stamping card, which is also amazing. I am a complete convert. It really does make a difference.

I did not have snow cap alcohol ink so I used the pearl and bronze mixatives as an alternative solution and I really like the subtle effect it has created.

I also love these words to go with the image. Perfect for such a genius!


Both these stamps were from Rubbadubbadoo a number of years ago.

This challenge is being hosted by the fabulous Linda over on StudioL3.
A friend of hers, Angie Lentz is offering an idea-ology messanger bag as a prize autographed by the man himself! How awesome. For sure someone has to win the goodies.

7 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

An amazing stamp and a great treatment I need to get my sample done.
hugs {brenda} xox

Netty said...

Loving your wonderful stamp and how the patina looks, fab work Laura. Annette x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic creation, wonderful background.

Terry said...

Gorgeous background! The image is amazing and works so perfectly for this technique!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Wow-- that stamp IS amazing, and you've used it so beautifully on this stunning tag. Great work on the faux patina and brilliant artistry all the way around!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous patina! Amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...