Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

T!m's 12 Tags 2011 (2 - 5)

Tag 5

I am starting T!m's 12 tags by blogging Tag 5 as I am so proud of my cheat! I did not have any reflection stamps but I did have some Christmas cards that looked like the word background. So I simple stuck one to the tag and cut around.

This next bit is the bit I am proud of. How to incorporate the plastic front to look similar. I took some acetate and ran it through a snowflake embossing folder. Not a Tim one as they tend to be deeper cut and thought it may cut through? But as I haven't tried it, it may not? Then I took a really old almost dried out Stazon in black and rubbed it gently over the high points. Stuck it over the tag. Fab. Not only distressed looking but with a snowflake texture as well.

I did have the right die for the wreath so I took 2 different green core card and cut the leaves. Rubbed them with sand paper and layered and adhered. I rather like the two tones of green. Finally added a wish embellishment as well as the pearls and ribbons and it was done.

Tag 4

The main difference with this tag to T!m's is that I cut the snowman out of thick brown card which worked great as it did not curl at all. The second difference was that I used Picket Fence Crackle paint rather that Rock Candy Crackle paint. I was making this tag with my friends Sue and Sioux,  during a wonderful girls weekend, (you can read more about it on Sioux blog), who both used the correct Rock Candy paint. I must admit I preferred the finish for the Snowman of the Picket Fence as it was beautifully matt and felt more like snow.

Tag 3

As Tag 4 was the first of the tags I made when we came to do Tag 3 together we all decided to improvise since as we did not have the proper stamp. I decided to use a similar technique as for the Snowman to incorporate the cut out Joy word to add to the tag for a little different definition. I backed this with copper foil. We all mixed and match word stamps to create something that was along the lines of T!m's tag using different colour for the words.

Tag 2

Now finally this lush Reindeer. I just love this calico reindeer and would never have thought of doing this, but I love it. Bit of improvisation on this tag but not much. Added a "Joy" charm embellishment as the calico reindeer brought me such joy. 

I will also link this post to Grungy Monday and join in the fun there!


Suze Bain said...

Fabulous tags Laura. xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, your tags are fantastic.

Judie aka Craftymess said...

they are all fantastic, love the latest tag the best, what a great idea running acetate through the die machine xx

Shar said...

Fantastic tags! Love every one!

Electra said...

I'm thoroughly enjoying your tags!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...