Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Tuesday 6 December 2011

T!m's 12 Tags 2011 (2 - 5)


Tag 5

I am starting T!m's 12 tags by blogging Tag 5 as I am so proud of my cheat! I did not have any reflection stamps but I did have some Christmas cards that looked like the word background. So I simple stuck one to the tag and cut around.

This next bit is the bit I am proud of. How to incorporate the plastic front to look similar. I took some acetate and ran it through a snowflake embossing folder. Not a Tim one as they tend to be deeper cut and thought it may cut through? But as I haven't tried it, it may not? Then I took a really old almost dried out Stazon in black and rubbed it gently over the high points. Stuck it over the tag. Fab. Not only distressed looking but with a snowflake texture as well.

I did have the right die for the wreath so I took 2 different green core card and cut the leaves. Rubbed them with sand paper and layered and adhered. I rather like the two tones of green. Finally added a wish embellishment as well as the pearls and ribbons and it was done.


Tag 4

The main difference with this tag to T!m's is that I cut the snowman out of thick brown card which worked great as it did not curl at all. The second difference was that I used Picket Fence Crackle paint rather that Rock Candy Crackle paint. I was making this tag with my friends Sue and Sioux,  during a wonderful girls weekend, (you can read more about it on Sioux blog), who both used the correct Rock Candy paint. I must admit I preferred the finish for the Snowman of the Picket Fence as it was beautifully matt and felt more like snow.


Tag 3

As Tag 4 was the first of the tags I made when we came to do Tag 3 together we all decided to improvise since as we did not have the proper stamp. I decided to use a similar technique as for the Snowman to incorporate the cut out Joy word to add to the tag for a little different definition. I backed this with copper foil. We all mixed and match word stamps to create something that was along the lines of T!m's tag using different colour for the words.


Tag 2

Now finally this lush Reindeer. I just love this calico reindeer and would never have thought of doing this, but I love it. Bit of improvisation on this tag but not much. Added a "Joy" charm embellishment as the calico reindeer brought me such joy. 

I will also link this post to Grungy Monday and join in the fun there!

5 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Fabulous tags Laura. xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, your tags are fantastic.

Unknown said...

they are all fantastic, love the latest tag the best, what a great idea running acetate through the die machine xx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tags! Love every one!

Electra said...

I'm thoroughly enjoying your tags!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...