Disclaimer:

Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendor mentioned in my posts

Thursday, 26 May 2011

Denim, Rust and Dust: Gingersnaps and Technique Junkies


This is my take on the theme Denim, Rust and Dust for Gingersnaps. I used a technique from Technique Junkies called Distress Colourblocking which I applied to the background paper which already had a stripe design on.
This technique is available at Technique Junkies February/March edition. There are so many techniques available through their site. Click on the link to take a look.

I will come back and add more to this post but time has run out on me again!

Ok, I am back. So the other items I used were the pennants Tim Holtz die to cut out both denim and rust papers. Then my favourite up cycled material, Tomato puree tubes, run through an embossing folder an highlighted with Cherry followed by black Stazon ink, The image was stamped and white pen added for highlights and pale chalk rubbed in as well. Finally as they looked like well worn farmers I added their crop seed to the base. I liked the way the sunflower seed picked up with the stripes and with the highlighted diamonds on the farmer's clothes and the patterns they made laid together.

6 comments:

trisha too said...

This is so much fun! The sunflower seeds, the American Gothic, what a great piece!!!

:)

Lesley said...

This is a great project Laura. I do hope your meeting went well re redundancy.
Thinking of you.
x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, love the use of the corrugated cardboard.

craftattack said...

Great piece! Valerie

Shar said...

Lovin' how you funkified these two old fuddy duddies! Fantastic!

Lynn Stevens said...

Love this, Now I know what to do with the shells. LOL
Hugs Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...