Saturday, 31 October 2009
Friday, 30 October 2009
Well here is my final inchie for October with Something Completely Different. Well this is Something Completely Different for me! You may have read earlier in the blog that I have been trying to learn Photoshop. Well this is me using photoshop for my inchie. The scary images came from a download I purchased from Itkupilli. She has some fabulous downloads many very suitable for Halloween. You can find her link on the side. I don't know about you but I find this image rather haunting and certainly scary!
Thursday, 29 October 2009
Wednesday, 28 October 2009
Saturday, 24 October 2009
Thursday, 22 October 2009
Over on Something Completely Different this month there has been an inchie challenge. This week the challenge is caled "Face". I have found inchies quite a challenge. They seem such a small item to stand alone. Part of a larger piece I find easier. However as the weeks have past I think I am learning and am finally getting my head around them.
I even made another inchie just because..... I actually do think I am eventually getting my head around them. This stamp is part of one of the Crafty Individuals Tree landscape.
Friday, 16 October 2009
Wednesday, 14 October 2009
Friday, 9 October 2009
- Leonardo sketched the first parachute, first helicopter, first aeroplane, first tank, first repeating rifle, swinging bridge, paddleboat and the first motorcar.
- Leonardo was very much interested in the possibility of human flight. He produced many studies of the flight of birds and plans for several flying machines.
- He was also a sculptor, designer of costumes, mathematician and botanist.
- He made maps of Europe.
- He invented the scissors and hydraulic pumps.
- He designed a movable bridge for the Duke of Milan.
- He invented the bicycle 300 years before it appeared on the road.
- He drew the plans of the first armored car in 1485.
- Leonardo would wear pink to make his complexion look fresh.
- He never married or had children.
- He was undeniably one of the greatest thinkers and well ahead of his time by hundreds of years.
Thursday, 8 October 2009
Wednesday, 7 October 2009
I know my contribution is quite similar to a make I did recently but I find it a powerful image and very evocative for me. I do find it extraordinary when the moon rises and it is visible so close to the horizon. It just looks so big. Most often seen around this time of year and often a wonderful rich orangey red colour, filling the sky red. I just had to make another version, this time with golden embossed pears ready for the reaping of the harvest.
Tuesday, 6 October 2009
Monday, 5 October 2009
Friday, 2 October 2009
Great challenge. I feel much better after having made this. I was feeling really crotchety before. I am in the zone now.A great weight feels it has been lifted off my shoulders. Up to now I was doing jobs I just did not want to do. I just wanted to play. Gosh don't I sound like a spoilt child. Why not join The Three Muses and play along!
Here are my first inchies for the Something Completely Different challenge.